The history of the FLOREX show is intertwined with the growth of the FSDA
and the inception of the Florida Federation of Stamp Clubs. Unfortunately the end of the old FLOREX show is also tied directly to the collapse of the Florida Federation of Stamp Clubs.
During the 50 years
from 1949 to 1999 FLOREX was held in many different venues and run by a small
army of devoted followers. The Philatelic Community salutes the
efforts of everyone involved, their countless hours of work have been appreciated
and noted by successive generations.
- The AWARDS link shows the noteable individuals that have been acknowledged for their dedication and efforts to make FLOREX a APS World Series of Philately show..
- To view the history of FLOREX from 1949 to 1999 please click
on the DETAIL link, the Adobe Acrobat file will open
in a new window.
- To see a newspaper picture of the FLOREX 1953 Committee, click
on COMMITTEE link to open the Adobe Acrobat
file in a new window.
- To see a selection of covers from the 1949-1999 era of FLOREX click on
the COVERS like. A new window will open.
- The Palmares before 2000 will be expanded as material comes available.
- Click on the OLD BOOKS link to see digitized versions of old FLOREX show booklets that we have been able to locate. Should you have a copy of one that we do not, please let us know.
- To read the history of
rise of the new FLOREX click on the RECENT link
--- The history of the new FLOREX show is an on-going novel, every
year new chapters are written (updated June 2018).
- To view the detailed history of FLOREX sites and chairman click on the SITES/CHAIR link. A new window will open.
- to view the growing body of auxiliary items that have been produced for FLOREX over the years, click on the OTHER SHOW ITEMS link.
A special thanks and acknowledgement
is made to Walt Parker for preserving the detailed history of the early FLOREX
events. In addition,
a note of gratitude is given to A. Stephen
Patrick for his time and effort in putting this brief overview together and
to E.T. Reeder for his editing and historical insight.